Ophthalmologists specialize in medical and surgical care of the eye. Ophthalmologist diagnose and treat all eye and vision problems, provide treatment and prevention of medical eye disorders, including surgery.
- Routine eye exams
- Eye injuries and emergency procedures
- Medical eye care
- Cataract evaluation and surgery
- Glaucoma treatment and surgery
- Diabetic eye disease management
- Cornea and anterior segment care
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
Optometrists provide comprehensive eye and vision care, including refraction and dispensing, the detection/diagnosis and management of diseases in the eye, and the rehabilitation of conditions of the visual system.
- Eye examinations to evaluate health and visual abilities in infants, children, adults & seniors.
- Screening for & diagnosis of eye diseases and conditions of the eye and visual system (cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy).
- Treatment & management of injuries, and other disorders of the eyes.
- Prescribing treatment such as eyeglasses, contact lenses, vision therapy, and low vision aids.
- Pre- and post-operative care.