Performs non-invasive diagnostic arterial procedures in accredited vascular lab to detect and quantify atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease in the lower extremities. Reports preliminary test interpretation to referring and interpreting physicians. Uses professional sound judgment and discretion for performance of procedures.
- Obtain patient history prior to initiating exam
- Perform non-invasive arterial studies on Parks Flo-Lab
- Review preliminary results and communicate severely abnormal findings to referring and interpreting physicians
- Maintain study log and other documents needed for maintenance of ICAVL accreditation
- Ability to work effectively as team members with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to flexibly respond to changing demands.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skill in health information management by appropriately charting patient data.
- Preferred 2 year associates degree
- ARDMS-RVT required
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, Xray machine, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer