This is a clinical position that performs comprehensive sleep testing and analysis and associated interventions. Work is performed in accordance with NOMS policies and procedures/applicable federal and state laws. Effective performance requires independent action under general supervision.
- Follow sleep center protocols related to the study.
- When patient arrives verify identification, collect documents and obtain consent for study.
- Explain the procedure and orient the patient for either in center or out of center sleep testing.
- Follow procedural protocols (such as Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT), Maintenance of Wakefulness Test (MWT, parasomnia studies, PAP and oxygen titration, etc.) to ensure collection of appropriate data.
- Perform data acquisition while monitoring study-tracing quality to ensure signals are artifact-free. Identify, correct and document artifact.
- Assist with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines.
- Assist with the generation of accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake clinical event data.
- Demonstrate adherence to cleaning and disinfection procedures for portable monitoring devices.
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and standards regarding safety and infection control issues.
- Maintain current CPR or BLS certification.
- Demonstrate computer skills for appropriate for the position.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Follow HIPAA policies to maintain the privacy and security of patients information
- Assist with patient education utilizing sleep center specific protocols.
- Successful completion of a sleep technology program, associated with a state licensed and/or a nationally accredited educational facility.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, Xray machine, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER