The Care Manager-RN fosters patient autonomy by providing patients with information that enhances their ability to make appropriate health care decisions and/or receive medical care with an enhanced sense of confidence when making healthcare decisions. The Care Manager provides individual guidance, education, and other assistance to beneficiaries as they move through the healthcare continuum developing care plans as a guide. As part of a collaborative team, the Care Manager will be responsible for assessments and the development of care plans
- Maintain efficient and timely clinical documentation.
- Complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies
- Responsible for working with members of the care team and assist in the coordination of care of selected beneficiaries.
- Provides one on one guidance, support, education, referrals, coordination of care and other assistance to patients as they move through the health care system
- Collaborate and coordinate care with primary care provider, specialist, and community resources to ensure continuity of care and smooth transitions between the care providers.
- Participate in scheduled clinical team meetings.
- Develop care plans, defining specific issues, goals and interventions in collaboration with the patient.
- Provide disease specific education to patient and significant others to promote expand the knowledge and management of the disease process.
- Build relationships with providers, home health agencies, hospitals, nursing homes, DME providers etc.
- Capable of working with diverse social, racial and ethnic groups and collaborate with professionals from many different social service organizations and government agencies.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Comfortable with use of computers, capable of effectively utilizing word and excel programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather as well as analyze information skillfully.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and ability to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates dependability by being consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Completion of an accredited registered nursing (RN) program
- Minimum of two years’ experience in health care setting preferred.
- Unrestricted, Registered Nurse licensure by the State of Ohio
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer