Under the supervision of the Information Technology Director. This position is responsible for tracking purchase requests and ensuring associated costs are allocated correctly. They will also handle vendor evaluation and management across all IT purchasing.
- Manage all IT purchase requests including vendor communication and order tracking. This includes Printers, Computers, Network Gear and assorted peripherals.
- Ensure all items are correctly tagged, inventoried and assigned to the correct physical locations.
- Work with Accounting to create reports showing cost allocation and recent purchases.
- Provide feedback to help further develop and customize the purchase process and corresponding software.
- Periodically evaluate vendors and negotiate new rates if need-be.
- Experienced in purchasing and vendor management/negotiation
- Extremely organized and able to manage a multitude of requests.
- General accounting knowledge regarding depreciation and cost allocation.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of two to three (2-3) years’ progressively responsible experience in purchasing/order tracking/vendor management.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Business is preferred although experience taken into consideration.
- Office setting and computer facility. Minimal exposure to communicable diseases.
- Requires sitting for long periods at computer terminal, bending, reaching, stretching. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of light equipment. Requires manual dexterity for operation of keyboard
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER