As a Physical Therapist, you will provide physical therapy services to patients according to a written physician's plan of care. This involves assessing and evaluating therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status and the home environment, as well as participating in the development of the total plan of care.
- Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing, and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician according to state laws and regulation in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Ensures that any changes in patient status are documented accurately and entered on a timely basis.
- The staff therapist coordinates delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (PTA’s).
- If required, the staff therapist home health division will assist with operational aspects of the department by participating performance improvement activities within the department and participates in all Quality Assurance activities.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs as indicated by the home health agencies.
- Ability to read and comprehend patient information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must hold a valid license in the State of Ohio as a Physical Therapist.
- Must have reliable transportation and show proof of auto insurance.
- Work is performed in an open area with other PT’s. Work may be stressful at times.
- Bend, twist and lift to assist a patient.
- Coordination, balance, and strength to safely guard and protect a patient.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER