Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as nonmanual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities. Will need to travel between CLyde and Fremont locations.
- Responsible for evaluation, planning, directing, and administering physical therapy modalities of treatment as prescribed by a licensed physician according to state laws and regulation in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability.
- Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning, while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Ensures that any changes in patient status are documented accurately and entered on a timely basis.
- The staff therapist coordinates delegates and supervises responsibilities assigned to supportive staff (PTA’s).
- If required, the staff therapist home health division will assist with operational aspects of the department by participating performance improvement activities within the department and participates in all Quality Assurance activities.
- The staff therapist will be responsible to travel to multiple locations including, area outpatient offices and home health.
- Provides input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines.
- Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs as indicated by the home health agencies.
- Ability to read and comprehend patient information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be willing to travel to both Clyde and Fremont locations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must hold a valid license in the State of Ohio as a Physical Therapist.
- Must have reliable transportation and show proof of auto insurance.
- Work is performed in an open area with other PT’s. Work may be stressful at times.
- Bend, twist and lift to assist a patient.
- Coordination, balance, and strength to safely guard and protect a patient.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER