The OD Technician provides support to the Doctor of Optometry and customer service to patients.
- Take patient history and perform preliminary examination of patient.
- Assist Optometrist with examinations and maintain patient charts.
- Perform Ancillary Testing including topography, OCT, visual fields and fundus photos
- Prepares and maintains examination rooms
- Maintain stock of ocular medications used during exams including dilation drops and topical anesthetics.
- Experience with both contact lenses and glasses.
- Excellent customer service and sales skills required.
- Dexterity and technical skills.
- High School diploma.
- 1 year of experience.
- Optometric Technician Certificate or License not required but preferred.
- Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings. Well-lighted, well-ventilated, adequate space. Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to medical office setting.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer