As part of the NOMS Healthcare IT team, the Network Technician is primarily responsible for managing the network infrastructure of the organization. Working in a high availability environment, this position must ensure optimal reliability of all networking systems.
- Configure and manage routers, switches, servers, access points and other pertinent equipment.
- Evaluate, develop, install, and maintain branch network connections.
- Monitor, identify and resolve network reliability issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all hardware, software and other network devices stay up-to-date, and remain in a secure, functioning condition.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for all network systems.
- Stay abreast of leading-edge information technology concepts, network security, communications and other healthcare applications.
- Knowledge of networking concepts, design, configuration, installation and troubleshooting.
- Advanced proficiency in network security and routing protocols.
- Experience working with various network vendors and manufacturers.
- Ability to coordinate new network acquisitions and installations.
- Strong troubleshooting skillset.
- Cisco networking (ISR, ASA, Meraki), and Windows Server experience required.
- BA/BS in Information Systems, or similar technical field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience in a networking role. Healthcare setting preferred.
- Electronic Health Record experience preferred.
- Networking certifications preferred (Network+, CCENT, CCNA)
- Office setting and computer facility. Minimal exposure to communicable diseases.
- Requires sitting for long periods at computer terminal, bending, reaching, stretching. May involve lifting up to 30 pounds of light equipment. Requires manual dexterity for operation of keyboard.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER