Under the supervision of Information Technology Director, this position will facilitate the data entry or scanning of patient health information into the electronic health record.
- Data entry of patient health information into the electronic medical record.
- Scanning of paper charts into a shared drive or the electronic medical record.
- Answering the IT Helpdesk, logging and prioritizing tickets.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to be oriented to end-user support needs across multiple sites.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, both written and oral.
- High School Diploma
- Graduate of medical assisting program preferred.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant required
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, Xray machine, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER