Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the office services. Conveys a positive image of medical office.
- Complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Provides basic patient care as ordered.
- Promotes wellness by providing education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
- Maintains examination rooms including cleaning exam/procedure rooms between patient visits. Stocks necessary supplies (medical and radiologic) as required.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- Graduate of medical assisting program preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience in public contact job, preferably medical office environment.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant certification required
- Maintains CPR certification
- General X-ray Machine Operator License preferred.
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, Xray machine, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER