Responsible for assisting physicians with patient care, clerical, environmental and organizational tasks. Responsible for appointment scheduling and chart management. Provides information to patients so they may fully utilize and benefit from the office services. Conveys a positive image of medical office.
- Complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed, etc., in the medical record.
- Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating physician advice/instructions.
- Adheres to infection control/safety guidelines, and confidentiality policies.
- Maintains examination rooms including cleaning exam/procedure rooms between patient visits. Stocks necessary supplies (medical and radiologic) as required.
- Knowledge of health care field and medical specialty preferred.
- Knowledge of information that must be conveyed to patients and families.
- Skill in performing tasks appropriately.
- Skill intact and diplomacy in interpersonal interactions.
- Skill in understanding of patient education needs by effectively sharing information with patients and families.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to apply written instructions and standardized work practices.
- High school diploma, some college preferred.
- Graduate of medical assisting program preferred.
- Minimum of one year work experience in public contact job, preferably medical office environment.
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant certification required.
- Maintains CPR certification.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer