Under the supervision of the Information Technology Director this position provides technical assistance and support services for inquiries or issues related to the operation of computer systems, software and hardware. Support responses to inquiries are either in person or over the phone. The IT Technician will respond to email messages and helpdesk tickets for resolutions to user issues. This position is also responsible for imaging, installation, modification and repair of computer hardware and software.
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to user issues
- Properly escalate unresolved helpdesk tickets/issues to the next level of support
- Walk users through problem solving process
- Assist users to identify hardware, software and procedural requirements
- Follow up with users, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure
- Configure and manage computers, printer and other multimedia equipment
- Stays abreast of leading-edge information technology and healthcare software applications.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software, voice and data communications including compatibility and system configuration
- Skilled in various Windows operating systems and MAC OSX preferable
- Ability to be oriented to end-user support needs across multiple sites
- Proficient in MS Office, Outlook, IE and Active Directory
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of mobile device settings
- Associate degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing help desk support in information systems. Healthcare setting preferred.
- Electronic Health Record and/or eClinical Works experience preferred.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER