Leading in daily operations for the Collection Team, such as providing team members with totals collected for 3C status. Is responsible for importing new claims into the Collection Module weekly. Responsible for assisting with Collections Department customer calls. Coordinating accounts for the legal process and preparing the accounts for court. Will promote a Team environment and will be supportive of Director and Management’s decisions for the department.
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period and payment sources.
- Processes delinquent unpaid accounts by contacting patients and third party reimbursers.
- Reviews each account, credit reports and other information sources such as credit bureaus via computer.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone and resubmitting claims to third party reimbursers.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
- Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Assigns uncollectible accounts to collection agency or attorney via NOMS policies.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- High school graduation or GED
- Associates degree preferred.
- Certifications appropriate to the position and clinical setting in any
- One year of medical insurance background preferred.
- Typing ability and Word processing/computer skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer