Promote good dietary health and treat medical conditions by devising eating plans for patients based on science and nutrition.
- Provide health advice and promote healthy living.
- Helping people come to terms with their illnesses.
- Advising about special diets.
- Making presentations.
- Writing reports.
- Educating health professionals and the public about nutrition.
- Helping to facilitate dietary changes.
- Ability to interact with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to instruct others.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Effective logic, reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- License/Certification Registration with American Dietetic Association required CDE (highly desirable).
- Proof of required License (s) and/or Certification (s) due at the time of hire.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition/Dietetics required. MS (highly desirable).
- Certified Diabetic Educator preferred, but not required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER