Primary job responsibility is assisting credentialing coordinator with preparing and submitting credentialing applications.
- Prepare and submit credentialing applications.
- Follow up on the status of applications for physicians and payers, and keep a detailed log of all pending and completed work.
- Communicate the results and status of the applications to credentialing coordinator.
- Provide support to credentialing coordinator.
- Preparing an application on behalf of an employee and gathering supporting documentation.
- When employees complete training that entitles them to certifications, follow up to make sure documentation is issued.
- File any and all documents into employee’s file.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, but work and communicate well with others when required.
- Follow directions and be well organized.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software and know how to work fax and copy machines.
- High school diploma
- Medical office experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer