This is a clerical position that assists with the collection of delinquent patient accounts. Work is performed in accordance with NOMS policies and procedures/applicable federal and state laws. Effective performance requires independent action under general supervision.
- Complies with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Pulls various reports
- Assist with legal action.
- Assists in writing off accounts when patient file for bankruptcy.
- Scans various essential documents
- Handles deceased patient accounts
- Handles collection letter and return mail
- Maintains strictest confidentiality
- Participate in educational activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Knowledge of computer programs, spreadsheets and applications.
- Ability to deal courteously with patients, staff and others.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
- High school graduation or GED
- Typing ability and Word processing/computer skills.
- Minimum of one year experience in an office setting.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, and fax.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER