This is a clerical position that assists with the collection of delinquent patient accounts. Work is performed in accordance with NOMS policies and procedures/applicable federal and state laws. Effective performance requires independent action under general supervision.
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period and payment sources.
- Processes delinquent unpaid accounts by contacting patients and third party reimbursers.
- Reviews each account, credit reports and other information sources such as credit bureaus via computer.
- Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone and resubmitting claims to third party reimbursers.
- Evaluates patient financial status and establishes budget payment plans.
- Follows and reports status of delinquent accounts.
- Assigns uncollectible accounts to collection agency or attorney via NOMS policies.
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- High school graduation or GED
- Associates degree preferred.
- Certifications appropriate to the position and clinical setting in any
- One year of medical insurance background preferred.
- Typing ability and Word processing/computer skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer