General supervision and leadership for billing Team on eCW and Clearinghouse portal issues.
Responsible for AR on current assignment of providers for claims, denials, rejections and appeals. Responsible for assisting with billing department customer calls.
- Maintain current workload for assigned providers including insurance tables, charge entry, claims submission and follow up, payment posting as needed &/or table maintenance as needed
- Facilitate and follow up of new hire and existing employee development to include side by side departmental training, detailed review of work with coaching for errors, and reporting any discovered issues with productivity, training or policy adherence to Billing Director.
- Utilize tools including insurance websites, available to stay current with Medicare, Medicaid and commercial payer guidelines and procedures.
- Develop and maintain knowledge in medical coding and/or insurance guidelines.
- Active communication with Billing Director and Executive Management regarding staff issues, disciplinary action recommendations and daily or weekly (as needed) team member communications to include copying management on correspondence provided via e-mail to team members.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere that embodies NOMS philosophy-professional excellence, teamwork and integrity.
- Must travel to different locations when needed.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all HIPAA and OSHA regulations and policies.
- Assist FSR's with any patient or insurance phone calls pertaining to billing.
- Existing team member development to include a minimum of 1 hour per week of scheduled desk side coaching or group coaching with review of errors and compliance feedback.
- Knowledge of NOMS policies and procedures
- Knowledge of medical diagnostic coding system, medical terminology and insurance practices.
- Verifiable ability to input data into computer system with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Ability to organize and process work efficiently.
- Proven multi-tasking capability.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Ability to work under stress with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to independently assume other responsibilities in addition to routine duties.
- Must be a team player and self-motivator.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years medical billing experience
- Primarily office setting. Minimal exposure to communicable diseases.
- Normal office environment. May view computer screen for long periods of time. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER