Provide Athletic Training Services to student athletes under the direction of the team
physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic
training practice act. Clinical responsibilities as assigned by site manager.
- Maintain appropriate general treatment orders to be reviewed annually and approved by the team physician.
- Provide athletic training services for athletic contests per the negotiated contracts with the school system.
- Act as liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Maintain accurate records of injuries, treatments and provide insurance claim forms for sports injuries treated by a physician.
- Develop and maintain a budget for the athletic training program.
- Excellent organization and follow-through skills, attention to detail and the ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in athletic training.
- 1-2 years’ Athletic Training experience preferred.
- Must be certified by NATABOC and hold a valid Ohio License as an Athletic Trainer.
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER