This is a clerical position that involves submitting prior authorization for patients. Work is performed in accordance with NOMS policies and procedures/applicable federal and state laws. Effective performance requires independent action under general supervision.
- Obtain doc to doc referral when scheduling with a specialist, Schedule all Doctor to Doctor referrals and diagnostic testing for the patients within the time frame requested by the patient or doctor
- Check insurance plans to ensure the doctor or facility is in network prior to scheduling with a specialist or hospital for testing
- Obtain prior authorization on all high tech imaging services, surgical procedures, sleep studies, and Psychological services. Some insurance will not require but an attempt must be made. Always obtain the name of the insurance representative. If an authorization is not required ask for a reference number for the call
- Obtain detailed benefit coverage for psychological services, dietary services, surgical procedures, global maternity, injections, and sleep studies with all insurances. Obtain a name and reference number for the benefits quoted
- Generate diagnostic orders and fax to the relevant imaging facility
- Notify patients of their scheduled appointments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of patient account policies and practices of NOMS
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to organize and process work efficiently.
- Knowledge of computer programs and applications
- Ability to independently assume other responsibilities in addition to routine duties.
- Must be a team player and self-motivator.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- High school graduation or GED.
- Have at least one year in a medical office setting.
- Normal office environment. May view computer screens for long periods of time. Work may be stressful at times. Interaction with others is constant and interruptive. Extensive use of phone
- Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands, or sitting for extended periods of time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER