Promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a physical therapist. Orthopaedics experience preferred.
- Contributes to physical therapist's effectiveness by identifying patient care issues; providing information and commentary; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physical therapy directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories.
- Assesses abnormal conditions by reviewing physical therapist's interpretations of patient evaluations and test results.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities; and in using supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Ability to read and comprehend patient information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Associate's Degree
- Work is performed in an open area with other PT’s. Work may be stressful at times.
- Bend, twist and lift to assist a patient.
- Coordination, balance, and strength to safely guard and protect a patient.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER