Responsible for providing real-time charting for the Physician and performing a variety of other tasks.
- Complies with HIPAA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Documents the clinical encounter and diagnostic studies
- Reviews charts for proper and complete documentation.
- Retrieves diagnostic studies and tracks progress of diagnostic studies
- Alerts the physician to when studies have been completed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledgeable in Orthopedics preferred.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records systems.
- One year experience in Medical office preferred.
- Skill in written and oral communication through effective interactions with physicians and other staff.
- Ability to type quickly and accurately.
- High School Diploma
- CMA / RMA required
- Combination of office and exam offices. Frequent exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations. Hepatitis B vaccination and TB test required.
- Varied activities including sitting, walking, stooping, lifting, bending, reaching. Occasional stress from workload. Must be able to use a variety of office equipment including phone, writing instruments, PC, fax and medical equipment including stethoscope, Xray machine, eye washing equipment, blood pressure cuff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER