This is a clerical position that involves the filing and tracking of insurance claims and informing patients of their account status. Work is performed in accordance with NOMS policies and procedures/applicable federal and state laws. Effective performance requires independent action under general supervision.
- Process insurance and disability claims in a timely manner.
- Follows up with insurance companies ensuring that claims are paid correctly.
- Follows up with patient on balances, sets up payment plans if needed.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to medical records and other data
- Participates in professional development efforts to ensure currency in health care practices and trends.
- Answers patients’ inquiries regarding account balances.
- Able to organize and process office workflow efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated knowledge in medical diagnostic coding system and medical terminology.
- Proven abilities with computer programs, especially spreadsheets/Excel.
- Knowledge of the eClinicalWorks software system
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form.
- Ability to work individually and on a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- High School Diploma
- Primarily office setting. Minimal exposure to communicable diseases.
- Sitting 6-8 hours/day. Requires use of computer equipment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer